What is Google Adsense:
Google AdSense is a contextual advertising program that allows you to run adverts on your website or blog, and get paid when visitors click on them. The ads are generated from businesses that use Google’s AdWords program.
Some benefits of Google Adsense Program include:
- Free registration
- You can easily monetize your website or blog from the start.
- Different choices of advertisement options you can choose from to fit the look and feel of your site.
- Payment by Google is carried out monthly (if you meet the $100 threshold) by direct deposit.
- You can run ads on several websites from one AdSense account.
- There are also options to do ads on mobile devices and RSS feeds.
- You can easily attach adsense to your YouTube and Blogger accounts.
However, there are a few set-backs to watch:
- Google can terminate your account in an instant, and it’s not very forgiving if you break the rules.
- Like all forms of online income, you need targeted traffic in order to make money.
Types of AdSense Adverts
There are so many options of ad you can choose to run on your blog or website:
- Text ads use words, either as an Ad Unit (one offer) or a Link Unit (list of offers), and come in a variety of sizes. You can customize the color of the box, text and link.
- Image ads are graphic ads. They come in a variety of sizes. You can choose an option that mixes both text and image ads.
- Flash or video
- Rich media ads include HTML, Flash or other interactive feature.
- AdSense for Search allows you to have a Google search box on your site. When a user enters a term and conducts a search, a search results page opens with AdSense ads. You can customize the color scheme of the search results page to harmonize with your web site.
Few Tips for maximizing your Adsense revenue:
- Read and adhere to Google’s rules. As a Webmasters, you must comply with Google’s webmaster policies as well as the AdSense program policy.
- Do not click on your own ads
- Incentivizing clicks, buying Pay Per Click (PPC) space, or using a program designed to drive traffic to AdSense pages are against the rules.
- Use honest, organic traffic building website promotion techniques, especially search engine optimization and article marketing.
- Test ad types and placement to find the options that lead to the most income.
- Treat email messages sent to you from Google, it may be sending a warning about something it doesn’t like on your site. Overlooking the warning may lead to termination of the program.
What do you need to get started?
- AdSense Account
- A Computer with Internet Connection
- Website or blog creation
- Content Creation: You can either write the content or pay a professional writer to write for you. Make sure the contents are original and void of plagiarism.
Now that we know what adsense is all about. Let’s get started with how to get your Adsense request Approved fast by Google so you can start earning!
Choose a Marketable subject
This is what most bloggers overlook all the time. Consider deeply what subject you wish to write about on your blog or website. We have areas like, Education, Technology, Arts and Culture, Celebrity, Health, Banking, Airline and Flights, etc. For example, if you say your subject is Health, this means that all articles on your website or blog must relate to health in at least one way.
You have to choose a subject that complies with Google content guidelines. Some subject contents are not profitable in AdSense.
Also, there are some subject areas that advertisers are willing to pay heavily to advertise on, but unfortunately, very few people or none write on such topics.
It is also worthy to mention that the Google AdSense team strictly prohibit certain subjects such as; porn (or any sexually explicit content), tobacco/drugs, gambling, religion, and others not mentioned here. You must not, for any reason, write on, support, or promote any of the aforementioned subjects.
Also, use of Pidgin English or any other vernacular to write is no approved. The Google AdSense Team understands only accept English Language and may not approve your blog if it is not written in English Language.
Get a new domain
The next step is to acquire a new domain name. When buying a new domain, endeavour to go for a subject area that advertisers or physical products you can sell or promote, this is important in case AdSense turns out not to be the only way to monetize your site and/or content.
Host Your Blog
After buying a new domain, you new domain must be hosted to get things started. You can host for free with BlogSpot or buy a hosting plan from any of the hosting companies around.
Publish Original Contents:
Put in work to create or craft original contents. Make it interesting and detailed if you can.
Disapprove copying of contents from your blog to other sites
The moment people start taking your original article and publish on their blog, they render your blog useless as it will no loner pass the plagiarism test its contents do appear on other websites/blogs.
If you are a WordPress users, you can disallow copying from blog using a specific plugin. Search for such plugin and install on your dashboard.
Apply for google AdSense:
Finally, once your website/blog is up and running, you can now apply for adsense by Creating a Gmail account different from the one you used to verify the blog. Once this is completed, you can now apply for adsense by visiting www.google.com/adsense